All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Garden Sentinel











This is what greets me every time I go out to work in my gardens!  Last spring I started feeding my neighbors' dog Max the woody ends from my asparagus, and he has assumed this position next to my garden ever since, always in hopeful anticipation of some more garden treats.  Sometimes he whimpers or whines, but mostly he assumes this silent waiting posture.  I feed him the broccoli shoots that have flowered, or other garden scraps.  If he's not outside watching me, he is sitting in his sun room with his eyes peeled in my direction.

I continually remind Max that he shouldn't expect free organic garden produce from me if he's not going to earn his keep by keeping the rabbits at bay, but he is unfazed by my reprimands.  As I told his dad, I've concluded that he's a product of this generation and thinks that everything exists to serve his needs - ha!


This is what makes his day!

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment