All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Oasis, the Oasis!!



I'm finally made it to the Oasis store today - what an oasis for a weary traveler navigating the bumpy road back to health via food!  I met Joyce, their very knowledgeable clerk who is on a similar health journey.  She was a wealth of information and very, very encouraging.  It was so nice to meet a kindred spirit and not feel like I'm from another planet for a change!  I bought some ground beef and ground pork, some osso buco (hadn't even heard of that before!) for soup, and a hunk of beef suet to render down into tallow (seriously!!!).  Joyce coached me through making nutritious bone broth - I plan to tackle that later this week.

Oasis at Bird-In Hand is a great source of grass-fed meats, eggs, raw dairy, and produce, etc.  I'm so happy to have found this little oasis!



PS - seeing the carcass ID on the label gives me great comfort - not something you would find on commercial meat!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment