All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Friday, June 14, 2013

Scrappy Trip Around the World Continues

 
 
I was happy to get these items in the mail today!

 
I'm thinking of hand quilting my Scrappy Trip Around the World quilt using perle cotton thread to give it a little more personality.  I couldn't find the perle cotton or the needles in any local brick-and-mortar stores, so had to resort to online purchasing.   I ordered the #12 perle cotton from Presencia America and the #9 embroidery/crewel needles from their sister company Colonial Needle.  The book Applique with Attitude by Piece 'O Cake Designs tipped me off to these companies as a source.

 
Originally I planned to machine quilt an "Orange-Peel" design, but then I got the crazy idea to hand quilt it after coming across this lovely photo of hand quilting via Pinterest .  I'll do a trial and see how it goes....  Not sure which shade of perle cotton will look the best, so will need to trial that as well. 
 

Here's a glimpse of the backing and binding I plan to use.
 
 I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment