All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Lovely Day

I had a fun day with my dear long-time friend Denise! 


We started with some quilt fabric shopping at several quilt stores including this very nice quilt shop in Hagerstown.



I had fallen in love with these Pam Kitty by Lakehouse fabrics after seeing them on a number of quilt blogs, but it was way better seeing them in person!  They are simply lovely....



Then, we hit the Offray Ribbon outlet.



(Yep, looks like an outlet, doesn't it!)



BUT, this is what $14.83 will buy you!



This ribbon is luscious...


... and makes the most beautiful bows!


This pile of grosgrain ribbon was a whopping $.25!!


Then, we stopped in at this little gift shop in Funkstown.


 It was dear!  It had a very similar feel to Terrain at Styers - so fun!



We wrapped up our fabric shopping with stops at JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby (my first time at HL - was impressed!), then dinner at The Olive Garden.  Denise has a great eye for color  I was so grateful for her assistance in selecting fabrics for my Scrappy Bull's Eye quilt







Then, to top off the day, she gave me a lovely Ironstone pitcher for my birthday since she knows I collect Ironstone!


I love the crazing...
Thanks, Denise!


No comments:

Post a Comment