All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Monday, April 16, 2012

Sweet Peas



I was at Lowes the other week, and just couldn't walk past the seed displays without checking them out, even though I certainly don't need any more vegetable or flower seeds.  These Sweet Peas look just like a lovely picture I had seen on Pintrest recently, so I was happy to add them to my cart.  I went to plant them this evening, but thought I should read up on the how-to's first, so I did a little research on line.  I was dismayed to discover that Sweet Peas don't like the heat and need to be planted as early as possible in the spring because they tend to fizzle out in the heat- just like regular peas.  Bummer!!  I was so looking forward to enjoying them this summer....  Oh well, I packed them away with a reminder note to plant them early next spring when I plant my sugar peas and sugar snap peas. 

One of the encouraging things about gardening is that there's always next year to try new things or correct mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment