All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Harry Potter Purse


I finally finished this Harry Potter purse for my sister's Christmas present (yes, I do realize that Christmas was almost 4 months ago....)!  It's made from the cover of an actual book.  (I know, I know - it's a crime to desecrate a Harry Potter book, but I did make good use of the actual pages - see photo at the end of this post!)

I'm not even going to attempt to give instructions on how to make one since it's definitely a "fly-by-the-seat-of-your pants" kind of project (not my specialty!).  However, I did find a You-Tube video that helped to get me started.


I was stumped on how to secure the lining in such a way that the purse could actually be used. It's not the sturdiest, because the lining is attached primarily by glue. 


But, today I had the little Amish lady at the belt stand at Root's Market attach these little rivets to secure it.  I think it will do the trick.


By the way, the lining fabric is scraps from the dress Alison (far left) wore to our older sister Renee's college graduation in 1979.

Merry Christmas, Alison!


Here's a picture of the origami flowers made from the book pages.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment