All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Friday, May 6, 2011

Salvation Army Fabric Sale


Every May, the Salvation Army in Chambersburg has a four-day sale of sewing related items - fabric, notions, sewing machines - you name it.  I went to it years ago with a friend, but didn't have a chance to go again until this year.  Look what I found:


I love this cool vintage sewing basket!




It even has a nifty tag inside.


I also got some vintage rick rack...


... vintage buttons...


... and the very same pattern for one of my favorite Easter dresses I made in high school.  I thought I was so fashionable.   :) 



Actually, I'm working at finishing  a simple nine-patch quilt that I pieced back in the early 80's, comprised of all the (ugly!) fabric scraps from the clothing we made when we were kids.  I've been lamenting the fact that we hadn't saved our patterns, since I'd like to document the actual clothes we made from the fabrics, including the patterns, photos of us in our outfit, etc. if possible.  So, this find felt like such a treasure!


I think I found one of my older sister's patterns as well.  What do you think, Renee?  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment