All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome January!



"January, the month of new beginnings and cherished memories, beckons.  Come, let winter weave her wondrous spell:  cold, crisp woolen-muffler days, long dark evenings of savory suppers, lively conversations, or solitary joys.  Outside the temperature drops as the snow falls softly.  All of nature is at peace.  We should be, too.  Draw hearthside.  This is the month to dream, to look forward to the year ahead and the journey within."
- Sarah Ban Breathnach, in Simple Abundance, a Daybook of Comfort and Joy


P.S. - I just purchased this dear little girl's mitten and headband set at the gift shop where I work; they were knitted by one of the residents.  I was so drawn to them!!   I thought maybe I could squeeze into them, but no such luck.  They evoke memories of the carefree snowy days of childhood....  :)

Blessings on your January!!

No comments:

Post a Comment