All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Selvage Pincushion


Isn't this a fun pincushion?!  I saw the idea on a quilting blog and was so excited - I had been saving the selvages from my 1930's reproduction fabric collection for years for the simple reason that I hated to throw them away since they contained the name of the various fabric lines; seeing them always brought back pleasant memories of fabric hunting with my friend Denise.


The selvage strips had been sitting in a bowl in my quilting room because I didn't know what to do with them and wasn't ready to part with them.  Apparently they knew they were destined to be made into a pincushion!  :)



This is a view of the back of the pincushion.  I love the Aunt Grace fabric (Aunt Grace is a line of 1930's fabrics) - I had picked up a few yards of it a while ago, thinking it would be perfect for something, but just didn't know what.  It too was waiting to be used!
The buttons are vintage buttons from the local thrift shop.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment