All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

I hadn't carved a pumpkin since I was a kid, so I was excited when my brother-in-law invited me to join him and my nephew (the artsy ones in the family) for their annual creative rite.  We tried some non-traditional approaches, including a "carve-by-color" technique featured in Martha Stewart Living magazine (even though my nephew informed me that my design wasn't scary enough!):

 

We didn't have proper tools, so we improvised. 

Then, we decided to play with power tools:


The eyes on this pumpkin were created with a 1" drill bit.  We used an apple corer to create the nose.
It was fun, and I'm already thinking about designs for next year!

While we carved, my sister toasted the pumpkin seeds - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment