All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Garlic!



I was fortunate enough to be given some fresh local, organic garlic from a friend (now that's a friend, indeed!) last week; it was grown by Tom Culton - pretty special!!  I had wanted to plant some garlic this fall, but just hadn't gotten around to checking into how to do it or pursuing a source.  So, I was thrilled not only to receive some high quality bulbs, but also to discover that it wasn't too late in the season to plant it.  I planted 3 bulbs (30 cloves) this afternoon in the chilly, breezy air - BRRR!!!  I've never tried growing garlic - I so hope it works!!  If it does, I should be set for years - I can plant some cloves from next year's harvest, then keep continuing the process each year after that.

It doesn't take much to make me happy....
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment